Monday, December 17, 2012

Skyrim



So finally gave this famous game a go, I have to say I'm really pissed off at the poor UI and PC controls. Obviously made for consoles first, pc later. No way to rebind certain keys (TAB wtf), so I'm playing with WASD for the first time ever lol (hate it). Only controller possible is an X-box 360. I'm having to use FRAPS to be able to make screenshots. Not able to tab out while playing. I'm so not looking forward to having lots of abilities and spells to hot key, even though I own a razer naga, I wonder if that'll even work... released last year, seriously this crap is unforgivable.

Was really considering getting the PS3 version but even though the framerate and freezing problems have been patched, I don't think it's worth it. I'll stick to PC for the wonderful graphics now, because RPG's with a gamepad aren't all that great either so might as well stick with mouse & keyboard even though the options are limited with that combo.

All that being moaned about, the game is pretty sweet so far. A wonderful open world that looks absolutely amazing on my rig. No other RPG game I've played can even come close to these graphics. Everything from nature, to creatures, to people, to towns, to ruins looks absolutely wonderful! Can't wait to explore more! Here are some dark screenshots (what do you want from me, twas night time!)